PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fitness Bootcamp - I Enlisted!


I'm down to my last gimmick for weight loss and it's... exercise. I'm not just talking an occassional Zumba class, though.  I'm going to see the My Fitness Pal app and raise it Monday through Friday 5:30am work-outs for the entire month of February. I enlisted for bootcamp and it starts on Monday.

I'm a lot terrified. I'm a little hopeful. And, if I'm being at ALL honest, I'm totally motivated by vanity. I have two girls trips in the works this year for places that are warm and where people are generally beautiful.  This means I will have to pack a swimsuit. I was already entertaining boot camp before these trips were solid, but is it kind of sick and twisted that having to be all BFF bikini with my friends is a bigger motivation than, well, most anything?

Last week, Kris over at {the really fun and clever} Simply Fabuloss told me about a bootcamp that is in our neighborhood.  I called and talked to the trainer who is called George, but I might refer to him as Bob or Dolvett just because I watch The Biggest Loser.  I told him that while I do Zumba and walk that I'm by no means in shape. I admitted that group exercise intimidates me. Bobby Georgevett assured me that the class will inspire and motivate me, and that if I can't do all the assigned push-ups he won't shame me in front of everyone else on the Ranch the rest of the campers. So I told him to hold a spot for me.

Have you ever done a fitness bootcamp and lived to tell about it? If so, please share your advice!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Love the Dolvett reference! He's a driver for sure!!
You'll do great :)

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

I haven't but the bestie did a bootcamp in Nashville before her wedding and it kicked her butt--but she liked it!

My only piece of advice as a former yoga instructor is stretch, stretch, stretch! And invest in a good pair of shoes--this is going to be a shock to your system, which is great for weight loss, but can bring on the injuries, which will sideline you from your goals.

You will do great!

Unknown said...

Much luck on your fitness journey. Don’t let them push you to hard, to fast. That is what happened to me and I’ve ended up with arthiscopic knee surgery on both knees. Had my second surgery jan 20. Looking forward to when I can start working with my trainer again.

Theresa said...

Good for you! Group exercise has always intimidated me as well - and I love that you considered calling your trainer Bob :)

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I have never done anything like that. Best wishes to you. 5:30 am is hard. You can do it!! Leigh

Deviled Megs said...

Oh my goodness -- good luck!! I had a former colleague do a bootcamp and had FANTASTIC results. Not just in her appearance and fitness, but what it did for her mentally and how accomplished she felt.

Anonymous said...

I've done 3 bootcamps in the last few years. My favorite was a CrossFit styled bootcamp I did last Spring through my gym. It was relentless, but I loved it! Katie gave the best advice: stretch & get fitted for the right shoes. Don't just buy a pair that you think fits right. Also, I'd say to look closely at what you're eating. Make sure you're getting enough protein, you're fueling your body, & don't kill your progress with bad food choices. You're going to love it! I hope you blog all about it!

Tricia said...

You are going to kick some butt! Good luck! I've just started running to help in the weight dept., and crazy enough just signed up for an 8K....nobody knows. :) I bet the camp is going to be hard, but good for you for going for it. You will rock!! :)

I Do Declare said...

Thanks for all the encouragement and great advice! Looks like I'm shopping for new shoes this weekend...between stretching.

MCW said...

I love boot camps! Maybe when I am in town next I will join you. Have you been to Coreworks? They have amazing kettlebell classes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails